Need a Passport? can expedite your passport renewal or expedite a new, second, lost, damaged, stolen, or child passport in as quick as 1 day.

View Requirements >
Recent Posts
Order a U.S. Passport

Posts Tagged ‘travel visa’

Yellow Fever Vaccinations and Travel Visas

December 4th, 2010
If you're traveling overseas to a country that requires visas for US citizens, you may need to make a doctor's appointment before applying for your travel visa. That's because some countries require that you submit proof you've been vaccinated for yellow fever along with your visa application. In the US, we don't routinely get vaccinated for yellow fever, so unless you've already been to a country that requires visitors to be vaccinated, you are highly unlikely to have had the shot. What is yellow fever, anyway? Found in the tropics, it's a hemorrhagic fever spread by mosquitoes.  The virus basically causes flu-like symptoms (fever, nausea, vomiting and pain), and if you're lucky, that's all you'll experience. If you're not lucky, however, instead of shaking it off you'll enter the


Top 5 Reasons To Get a Travel Visa In 2010

January 6th, 2010
The new year has arrived, and that means that it's time to think about the places you'll go and the things you'll see in 2010.  To help you get a leg-up on planning your 2010 itinerary, here are some expert picks for destinations to visit in 2010: Burma (Myanmar): named Burma as one of its top destinations for 2009 for the country's history and culture, as well as the newly created opportunities for ethical travel there. Kyrgyzstan: Kyrgyzstan also made Concierge's list of top destinations for its unparalleled opportunities for adventure travel, including horseback riding, heli-skiing in the Tian Shan mountains, and camping out with locals. Vietnam: Hanoi, Vietnam made Frommer's list of the top destinations for 2010 for its architecture, food, nightlife, art and shop


Is Your Travel Visa Horror Story Good Enough to Win a Prize?

November 24th, 2009
Most travel horror stories are small potatoes...missing a plane, getting stuck next to a drunk guy who reeks of vomit on the subway...not fun, but not epic, either. However, when it comes to travel visa horror stories, the potential for a truly awful trip increases exponentially. With the appropriate visa, you might not be allowed on your plane. If by some chance you are allowed on your plane, when you arrive at your destination, countries that don't allow you to apply for a visa on arrival will more than likely put you on the next plane back, at your own expense. You could also end up stranded in a third country, like the couple that tried to go on honeymoon in St. Petersburg but didn't have Russian visas.  One thing is certain: without the appropriate travel visa, the outlook for


Can You Still Use A Visa After Your Passport Has Expired?

October 31st, 2009
Many countries issue visas that are good for a number of years.  That means that it's entirely possible to end up with a visa that expires after your passport. What happens if your passport is expired but your visa is still valid? The answer depends on the type of visa in question and the country that issued it.  However, in most cases, you can use a valid visa even if your passport is expired.  You do need to renew your passport, though. When you renew your passport, you can usually do one of two things. The first option is to carry the old passport with your visa in it along with your new passport. However, when you travel, you'll have to be very careful to keep track of both passports. If you lose your new passport, you'll be stuck trying to get a new one in a foreign country.


Schengen Countries: Do You Need a Travel Visa?

October 8th, 2009
The Schengen Agreement is an agreement between 24  countries in Europe. It is designed to encourage travel between member countries by eliminating border checkpoints between them.  This means that if you enter one Schengen country, you have up to 90 days of continuous travel in all Schengen countries. The 24 Schengen countries include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. What does this mean to you? Well, if you are an American citizen traveling to any of these countries for business or tourism and you plan on staying less than 90 days, you don't need a travel visa at all-just


RushMyTravelVisa is a private service not affiliated with the government. We charge an additional fee to expedite your travel visa application. You may obtain a visa directly from the embassy at a lower cost.