After decades of war, Laos is slowly but surely picking up and moving on, and the country is now being discovered by increasing numbers of Western tourists. Here are 5 great reasons to get a Laos visa and go see this beautiful country while it’s still relatively undiscovered:
1. Luang Prabang: Walking into this gorgeous little town is like stepping into the past. Picture-perfect, flower-strewn landscapes combine with charming buildings and serene temples to create an enchanting travel experience.
2. The Plain of Jars: Thousands of ancient stone jars carved from local boulders dot this mysterious landscape. Who made them, and why? Just as with Stonehenge, the answers are lost in time, though the number of human remains and grave goods found in nearby excavations implies that they must have been connected to ancient burial rites.
3. Tubing in Vang Vieng: Floating down the scenic Nam Song River, beer in hand, is one of the most popular tourist attractions in all of Laos. The town of Vang Vieng is quite popular with backpackers, but the surrounding countryside retains the ambiance that the town itself has lost.
4. Four Thousand Islands- During the dry season, the mighty Mekong River recedes just enough to create thousands of tiny islands. This is a great place to watch for the rare Irrawaddy dolphin or just relax on a hammock.
5. Wat Phu- This ancient ruined temple on the base of a cliff was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2001.
To visit Laos, US citizens are required to have a valid passport and a Laos visa. See Laos Visa Requirements for Tourists for more information on how to get the visa.
If you plan to get your Laos visa before you leave the States, RushMyTravelVisa can help. First, your visa specialist will research your itinerary to ensure that you have all the necessary documents before you leave. Then, we’ll walk you through the paperwork and expedite your application for the fastest possible processing.
Apply for your Laos visa today!