If you’ve always wanted to go on safari but were a little bit put off by the idea of “roughing it” in the wilds of Africa, you’ll be pleased to note that a new, luxury camp has opened in the Serengeti. (via Gadling.) Lamai Serengeti Camp, run by Nomad Tanzania, is situated in an isolated part of the park, close to the Mara River. It’s the perfect place to view the creatures of the African savanna without having to give up your own creature comforts.
The camp’s location also gives you front-row seats to the Great Migration- specifically, that “Trials of Life” moment when the wildebeest cross the river.
The camp is subdivided into two smaller camps, each with its own facilities, including a bar, a swimming hole, a dining hall and a library. The tents have indoor plumbing and flushable toilets.
Plus, if the camp’s blog is to be believed, the camp itself is beautiful. The tents, built on wooden platforms, are light and airy. The bathrooms are huge. And the whole camp, when viewed from a distance, seems to disappear into the surrounding landscape.
Of course, all this luxury comes at a price: $4,200 per week or more, to be exact. That includes drinks, food, laundry and activities, but of course it doesn’t include getting there. You’re on your own for that.
One additional item you’ll need to procure is a Tanzanian visa. US citizens can apply for one for upon arrival at the airport. However, if you get yours before you leave the US you’ll be able to leave the airport much more quickly. Whatever you decide, you’ll need the following documents to apply for the visa:
- 1 Tanzanian visa application form
- 2 recent passport photos
- A copy of a recent bank statement
- An international certificate of vaccination for yellow fever
- A travel itinerary. If you’re making it up as you go along, you can instead provide a bank statement showing a minimum balance of $2,000.
- If you’re going on an organized tour, you will need a letter from the tour operator showing you are paid in full.
- Your passport. Check the expiration date, as it must be more than 6 months in the future. If it expires before then, no visa for you!
RushMyTravelVisa makes negotiating the Tanzanian visa application process easy and quick. We assist you with the paperwork to help you avoid common errors that could delay your application. Then, we expedite your application for the fastest possible processing.
Apply for your Tanzanian visa today!