Need a Passport? can expedite your passport renewal or expedite a new, second, lost, damaged, stolen, or child passport in as quick as 1 day.

View Requirements >
Recent Posts
Order a U.S. Passport

El Salvador Visa Requirements for Tourists

by David | December 12th, 2010

For decades, unrest and violence kept El Salvador in the shadows. But as conditions inside the country have improved, the government has made an effort to develop the tourist industry, and it is growing rapidly. Per Wikipedia:

“Last year tourism accounted for 4.6% of GDP; only 10 years ago, it accounted for 0.4%. In this same year tourism grew 4.5% worldwide. Comparatively, El Salvador saw an increase of 8.97%, from 1.15 million to 1.27 million tourists. This has led to revenue from tourism growing 35.9% from $634 million to $862 million. As a reference point, in 1996 tourism revenue was $44.2 million. “

El Salvador’s excellent beaches are great for surfing, swimming or just working on your tan. The cities have excellent nightlife, and if you just want to get away from it all, you can soak in peaceful hot springs, go hiking and more.

If you want to get to El Salvador before everyone else does, you need two things:

  • A valid passport
  • An El Salvador visa.

El Salvador visa requirements for tourists vary depending on how long you plan to enjoy the country’s excellent hospitality. For example, if you are staying less than 30 days, you have the choice of getting an El Salvador visa ahead of time or applying for a tourist card when you arrive at airport or the El Salvadorean border.

For longer stays, you should apply in advance for a visa. Here’s what you will need:

  • A completed visa application form
  • 2 passport photos
  • A copy of your round-trip ticket.

For stays of more than 30 days, you may be required to supply the following:

  • Evidence that you are employed in the US
  • Evidence that you have enough money to support yourself during your visit.

Additionally, El Salvador is party to the “Central America-4 (CA-4) Border Control Agreement,” which means that you don’t need to worry about a visa or tourist card when entering from the following countries: Guatemala, Honduras,or Nicaragua. The “Central America-4 (CA-4) Border Control Agreement” is kind of like a Schengen Agreement for Central America. As long as you enter one of the four countries legally, you can travel amongst all of them freely until the end of your authorized stay as determined by the immigration official you saw when you entered the first country.

RushMyTravelVisa can help you with your El Salvadoran visa, assisting you with the paperwork and expediting your application with the appropriate embassy or consulate. We can also help you with any other visa needs you may have.

Apply for your El Salvador visa today!

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RushMyTravelVisa is a private service not affiliated with the government. We charge an additional fee to expedite your travel visa application. You may obtain a visa directly from the embassy at a lower cost.