Two to three million years ago in Tanzania, a massive volcano collapsed, scarring the land with a huge crater. Today, this ancient crater, called Ngorongoro Crater, is home to one of the densest wildlife populations in Africa. All of the famous “big five” African animals live here: lions, leopards, rhinos, African buffalo and elephants. There are also cheetahs, zebras, hippos, flamingos, ostrich, hyena and many more rare and beautiful animals.
Inside Ngorongoro Crater, there are forests, swamps, great salt lakes and grasslands. The diversity of habitat is one reason that there are so many different animals here. The plentiful wildlife attracts around 450,000 visitors each year, and there are many companies offering tours inside the crater. Just do your research ahead of time and make sure you get someone reputable to guide you!
To visit Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania requires all US citizens to apply for a Tanzanian visa. You can get one ahead of time or at the airport when you fly in. Here are the documents that you’ll need to bring in order to get your visa:
- 1 Tanzanian visa application form
- 2 passport photos
- A copy of a recent bank statement
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate
- A travel itinerary. If you don’t have one yet, you can substitute a bank statement showing a minimum balance of $2,000.
- If you’re going on an organized tour, you will need a letter from the tour operator showing you are paid in full.
- Your US passport, which must be valid for at least 6 more months after the date you obtain the visa. If your passport expires in 6 months or less, you’ll need to apply for a passport renewal before you can travel.
RushMyTravelVisa can help you get a Tanzanian visa quickly and easily, as well as any other visas that might be required for your trip. We’ll look up visa requirements for each stop on your journey to make sure that you aren’t caught by surprise, and we’ll expedite your applications so you have them as soon as possible.
Apply for your Tanzanian visa today!