Tanzania is a beautiful, relatively stable country, and a trip there is a great way to start exploring Africa. Here are 5 great reasons to get a Tanzanian visa and go visit:
1. Mt. Kilimanjaro: The tallest mountain in Africa, Mt. Kilimanjaro ‘s three snow-capped, volcanic cones tower over the surrounding landscape. Whether you choose to appreciate its grandeur from a distance or test your strength and endurance in an attempt to summit, the mountain is definitely worth seeing.
2. Old Zanzibar: The old stone buildings of Zanzibar are nothing if not charming. The historic center of the town preserves buildings and architectural styles that date back to the 1830′ s. Old Zanzibar is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
3. The Serengeti:Serengeti National Park is the oldest national park in Tanzania. It is home to over a million and a half wildebeest and 250,000 zebra. Their annual migration is a spectacle right out of “The Trials of Life.” The northern section of the park has more hills and trees and is a perfect habitat for elephants and giraffe.
4. Kalambo Falls: Located along the border between Tanzania and Zambia, Kalambo Falls is the second-highest waterfall in Africa. Plummeting 772 feet into the Kalambo Gorge, the falls are definitely a sight to see. The area is also a fascinating archaeological site, with artifacts and other evidence of human habitation that stretches back 250,000 years. A large breeding colony of Marabou storks live next to the falls. Interestingly, despite that old story about storks delivering human babies, the Marabou stork is actually a scavenger that eats carrion as well as preying on smaller animals and birds. In other words, a stork would probably sooner eat a baby sooner than deliver it.
5. Gombe Stream National Park– This national park is Tanzania’s smallest and is only reachable by boat. The park is home to many different types of primates, including the family of chimpanzees that Jane Goodall made famous.
If you’re an American citizen, you do need a visa to visit Tanzania. Although you can get a visa on arrival, the US Department of State recommends getting one before you leave the US, in order “to avoid long delays at entry points.”
For more information about getting a Tanzanian visa, see Tanzanian Visa Requirements for Tourists.
RushMyTravelVisa can make applying for a visa much quicker and easier. We’ll examine your itinerary to make sure you have the right travel documents for each stop, so that there are no unpleasant surprises. Then, we’ll assist you with the paperwork and expedite your application for the fastest possible processing.
Apply for your Tanzanian visa today!