Goa is the smallest state India, but it’s the most popular tourist destination, bringing in approximately 2 million visitors every year. One look at Goa’s flawless white-sand beaches, and it’s easy to understand why!
Crystal-clear sea and dazzling white sand are the main attractions here. However, Goa, which was originally a Portuguese colony, has a rich and interesting history that shines through in its architecture, food and culture.
Starting in the ’60s and ’70s, Goa became a destination of choice for hippies and other counterculture types. Open-air beach parties and raves that last all night are still quite common.
Necessities for visiting Goa include sunscreen, swimsuits and an Indian visa. Visas are required and you must apply for yours ahead of time. Indian visa applications must be submitted to the Indian embassy or consulate that handles visas for your home address. You will need the following documents to apply:
- Your US passport
- 2 recent passport-sized photos. Eyeglasses are not permitted in the photos and they must have been taken within the past 6 months.
- A completed Indian visa application form. To ensure that your application is accepted, write neatly and look over the application carefully to catch mistakes. Also, make sure that you enter in “tourism” in the section that asks you to state why you are traveling to India- “lounging on a beach” is not an acceptable answer!
- A copy of your plane tickets or your itinerary.
- A legible copy of your driver’s license or a utility bill showing your name and address.
- A copy of your birth certificate
RushMyTravelVisa can make the process of applying for an Indian visa faster and more convenient. We walk you through the application process, step by step, helping you avoid common mistakes that could hold up your visa application.