When traveling to India, it’s extremely important to make sure you have your visa paperwork in order before your plane leaves. India requires all American citizens visiting the country to have an appropriate visa before they attempt to enter the country. Once you arrive in India, it’s way too late to apply, and according to the US State Department’s website, you will be subject to immediate deportation.
It’s also important to ensure you have the right type of visa. There are several different types of Indian travel visas. You should apply for the type of visa that corresponds to the purpose of your trip:
1.Tourist visas are for people traveling to India as tourists.
2. Business visas are for people traveling to India on business. There are different types of business visas, too, depending on whether you are going for a business trip or conference, as a journalist or as a crew member.
3. Employment visas are for people who plan to work in India. If you take a job with a company there, you will need an employment visa. Be careful-according to the US Department of State, if youwork in “designated institutes and technology areas,” you may have to wait two weeks extra for your visa and submit additional paperwork with your application.
4. If you are planning to study in India, you’ll need a student visa.
5. If you are going to India to conduct religious activities of any sort, you will need to apply for a missionary visa. According to the US Department of State, trying to conduct missionary activities without the proper visa could get you deported.
6. If you are stopping in an Indian airport en route to another country, you will need a transit visa, even if you are simply walking from one plane to another.
7. Research visas are for people conducting research of some sort, whether it be scientific research or working on a book.
One other important fact about Indian visas is that you can apply to have your visa be valid for different lengths of time, up to 10 years. Even better, Indian visas can be transferred from your expired passport to your new passport when you renew.
RushMyTravelVisa can help you through the process of obtaining your Indian visa. When you apply for a visa with us, you’ll work with a knowledgeable visa specialist to make sure that you are applying for the right type of visa and that all of your paperwork is in order before we turn it in to the embassy. We’ll get you the fastest possible visa processing and help you avoid costly delays.