The Serengeti gets all the glory, but if you’re visiting Tanzania, make sure you carve some time out for Tarangire National Park as well. Frommer’s, who recently named Tarangire one of the best parks in Tanzania, says that “While the focus for most travelers to Tanzania is nearby Serengeti, many come away claiming lesser-known Tarangire as the real highlight of their trip.”
What makes Tarangire so special? At only 2,850 square kilometers, it may not be the largest park in Africa, but it has one of the densest wildlife populations – proof that sometimes good things do come in small packages. Here, you’ll see elephants, zebra, wildebeest and scores of antelope, including the fabled oryx, often thought to have inspired the legend of the unicorn.
Look up in the ancient baobab trees, and you might be surprised to see climbing pythons or even regal lions draping themselves across the branches. The Tarangire River, which runs through the park, is one of the regions most important and reliable sources of water during the dry season, so there’s little chance that you’ll leave disappointed.
To see Tarangire National Park, you’ll need a Tanzanian visa. US citizens are eligible to apply for their visas when they arrive at the airport, but if you apply in advance you’ll be able to escape from the airport much more quickly. Whatever you decide, you’ll need the following documents to apply for the visa:
- 1 Tanzanian visa application form
- 2 recent passport photos
- A copy of a recent bank statement
- An international certificate of vaccination for yellow fever
- A travel itinerary. If you’re making it up as you go along, you can instead provide a bank statement showing a minimum balance of $2,000.
- If you’re going on an organized tour, you will need a letter from the tour operator showing you are paid in full.
- Your US passport, which must be valid for at least 6 more months after you plan to travel.
RushMyTravelVisa makes negotiating the Tanzanian visa application process easy and quick. We assist you with the paperwork to help you avoid common errors that could delay your application. Then, we expedite your application for the fastest possible processing.
Apply for your Tanzanian visa today!