Frommer’s Deal of the Week for this week is pretty exciting: a 9-day tour of India from Friendly Planet for only $1,199 per person. The price even includes round-trip airfare to and from New York’s JFK Airport, though you’re on your own when it comes to getting to JFK. Hotels with private bathrooms, breakfast, ground transportation and the services of a tour guide are also part of the deal.
The Taj Mahal Express tour takes you through Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, plus the Taj Mahal (naturally). Although it would take more than 9 days to experience even a fraction of the excitement that India has to offer, this tour will give you a good start. Plus, you have the option of adding on a trip to nearby Nepal after the Indian tour is over, for an additional $799-1397.
Prices are good if you book before December 15th, or until the tours sell out, whichever happens first.
Take note: the tours do not include the cost of an Indian visa or a Nepal visa. You will need to obtain your Indian visa on your own before you travel.
Here are the documents you’ll need to get the Indian visa:
- Your US passport
- 2 passport-sized photos no more than 6 months old. Glasses are not allowed in the photos.
- One Indian visa application form. Write neatly-penmanship counts! There is a section on the visa that asks why you are planning to visit India- write “tourism” here.
- A photocopy of your plane tickets or your itinerary.
- A clear copy of your driver’s license or a utility bill showing your name and address.
- A copy of your birth certificate
RushMyTravelVisa can help you get your Indian visa quickly and easily. We’ll walk you through the application process and help you catch common mistakes that could delay your visa approval. Plus, we’ll expedite your application with the appropriate Indian Embassy for the fastest possible processing.
Apply for your Indian visa today!